Springdale, MD 20774 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Corps Team is seeking a temporary Accounting Specialist. Our client is a non-profit. Recruiting and staffing of this position is being handled by Corps Team on behalf of our client. The role will be hybrid in Largo, Maryland. Candidates must be local to the Prince Georges County, MD area and able to work on site in Largo, MD at least 3 days a week between 9 am and 6 pm.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year of accounting experience. The accounting specialist will work alongside the accounting team to perform the following duties:
- Collect invoices and requests for payment from the mail, DocStar, Adobesign etc. and enter accounts payable and credit card expenditures into client’s accounting system, reviewing each for accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with the assembly of check documentation for signature and mail/deliver physical checks
- Track recurring charges (utilities, rent, etc.) and proactively ensure timely processing, soliciting, or creating documentation as appropriate
- Monitor external accounts for activity and enter data in accounting system
- Process physical deposits
- Create/maintain audit trail for all costs or receipts processed, reports generated etc.
- Reconcile accounts (e.g. credit card statements against the general ledger) to ensure all entries are included
- Provide feedback to the Manager, Accounting based on analysis of data being input. If training or process improvements are needed, support Finance leadership in clarifying the problem and identifying and implementing a solution.
- Support the creation of Accounts Receivable invoices and/or invoice backup consistent with the funders’ needs and contractual guidelines.
- Create or support the creation of financial reports for the Manager & Director, Finance.
- Ensure the timely creation of audit reconciliations and schedules as assigned by the Manager, Accounting.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key partners and stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Support compliance with 2 CFR 200, GAAP and all grant and grantor restrictions.
- Preparation or review of certain non-Accounting (i.e. Budget & Grant) tasks according to segregation-of-duties controls or pending grant or budget deadlines, in support of the Department as whole.
- Assist with other accounting duties as assigned and experience allows
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and 1+ years of experience in accounting are minimum requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
- 1+ years of accounting experience with experience in a non-profit receiving federal grants or in a corporation receiving government contracts or in any contract-accounting environment
- Working knowledge of a major accounting system
- Strong technology skills and experience with Excel required
- Candidates must be comfortable working with senior management peers as well as performing hands on accounting duties
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly (flexible with hours and duties)
- Able to work on site 3 days a week in Largo, MD during regular business hours
Corps Team is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Your Recruiter
President, Washington D.C.
Jennifer Bainbridge owns and operates the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia franchises of Mom Corps, Inc., after spending many years in IT Leadership in the computer software, telecommunications and financial services industries. Jennifer has extensive experience in all areas of the software development lifecycle with an emphasis on Agile practices and software quality. With this expertise, she has regularly led seminars and classes on evolving IT technology. She also has extensive international management experience including offshore and nearshore IT staffing solutions. Jennifer has been with Corps Team since 2009. During that time she has been a frequent speaker and subject matter expert on hiring best practices and work-life synthesis. She currently serves on the board of Northern Virginia SHRM. Bainbridge graduated with an MBA from the College of William and Mary and a BA from Barnard College.