Atlanta, GA 30309 US
Our client, a large non-profit in Midtown Atlanta, is hiring an Administrative Associate for a direct hire role.
You will be responsible for a broad range of initiatives and projects to advance fundraising efforts in support of the Community Campaign including Partners Fund, Targeted Philanthropy, and Special Projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project and Event Coordination
- Work directly with Campaign Director to assist with various administrative projects.
- Provide event support to the Philanthropy Team primarily with Women’s Philanthropy, Business & Professionals and NextGen divisions and as needed for the Chief Philanthropy Officer and Major Gifts division. This will include preparation and creation of materials, file management, data entry, donor services, RSVP management and other duties as assigned
- Provide support for committee meetings: manage scheduling and invitations, checking calendars, tracking RSVPs, room logistics, food, reminders to attendees and follow up with non-responders, copies, name tags, etc.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and review them with lead professional prior to distribution and initiate follow up as needed.
- Participate in creative and planning process of prospect and donor events.
- Set up of Zoom meetings/events.
- Assist with calling sessions (TikkunATL)
- Provide support for bi-weekly captain and worker correspondence.
- Schedule Philanthropy internal meetings
- Submit expenses and invoices for reimbursement and payment
- Run analytic reports from the CRM (Salesforce)
- Manage the collection, tracking, aggregation of data
- Respond to donor inquiries via email or phone within 24 hours and preferably within the same day
- Back up reception for answering incoming calls/check voicemail, directing callers to the appropriate professional to ensure their questions are resolved
- Serve as back up for Donor Services.
- Maintain confidentiality of all donors and fundholder information.
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues, donors, tenants, and community members.
- Analyze and make suggestions to continually improve efficiency.
- Support and demonstrate core values: Excellence, Empathy and Fearlessness.
- Always promote the mission through superior customer service to internal and external customers and the efficient care and use of all resources.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Administrative Assistant or Customer Service role.
- Strong technology skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus. Flexible, collaborative, and comfortable multitasking effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning and prioritization skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Proven track record of problem-solving and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all members of the organization and external community positively and successfully.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits a positive, collaborative, professional demeanor. Must be able to attend events on nights and weekends.
- Intermittent periods of standing and walking with extended periods of sitting.
- Must have excellent visual acuity for work with systems and records.
- Position requires average hearing and verbal ability to communicate with staff, donors, volunteers, vendors, and others.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
Base Salary $48,000-$50,000. Final determination of salary will be based on an evaluation of experience, education, budget, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Caren joined Corps Team in 2021. Caren has over 20 years’ experience in advertising, public relations and customer care.
A graduate of the University of Georgia, Caren is a loyal Bulldogs fan and enjoys attending games with her husband Reece and two children, Jackson 20 and Dylan 17. She is dedicated to finding the right person for the position and is thrilled when she finds the ‘perfect fit’ for her clients. She is excited to be connecting amazing candidates with amazing companies.