Applications Engineer (Mechanical/Electrical)
Auburn, NY 13021 US
The Application Engineer will be responsible for providing cordial, timely, and accurate Vertical Turbine Pump product application and quotation assistance to customers and distributors. In this role, the incumbent will also work together with marketing, and field sales to understand the needs and desires of the customers and provide them with service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Provide optimal design selections based on customer duty requirements.
- Select materials based on application requirements while also being cost effective to both the factory and end user.
- Work with purchasing team to obtain costing for components for nonstock items.
- Provide selection and quotation training to external customers.
- Prioritize projects according to need and ability to win.
- Maintain CRM funnel to ensure opportunity visibility by field sales team.
- Receive customer purchase orders for quoted projects and gather pertinent information for submittal creation and order execution.
- Achieve annual standard margin targets and revenue targets Customer satisfaction and retention.
- Update and research recommendations for product and system improvements.
- Project pricing and lead time negotiations.
- Execute negotiations for large project terms and conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- 1-3 years' related experience including pump sales and service. Open to outside of pumps if have experience in manufacturing using mechanical or electrical engineering skills
- Must have knowledge of pump hydraulics, mechanics and construction, and common metallurgical uses.
- Strong math and engineering skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity, manage multiple projects at once, and to review technical documents.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects. Professional Engineering (PE) certification preferred.
- Salesforce, MathCAD, and Pump Selection Software experience is a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Gena has joined Corps Team with eight years of recruiting experience in several industries such as Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, IT, Human Resources. She also has experience in start-up and corporate environments with consultative full life cycle recruitment background, administrative support and HR background. She is skilled at building relationships with employees across all levels of an organization, multitasking and adapting to meet any changing organizational needs. Gena has a Bachelors degree in Journalism and a minor in Speech Communications.