Charlotte, NC 28203 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent & HR Services, this role will help set the strategic direction for health and welfare benefit programs. The Benefits Manager will be responsible for plan administration and vendor management. A successful team member driving program design and improvement, while also maintaining vendor relationships for benefits administration.
In this role, the manager is responsible for the Broker, annual open enrollment and will be crucial to the Workday implementation. They will present Benefits Strategy and annual rates to the executive team including the CHRO and CFO.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform external benchmarking to assess the current offerings and provide recommendations on potential changes to plans to maintain a competitive edge and cost management.
- Plan and manage the annual open enrollment process as well as the implementation of any plan design changes and/or new vendors.
- Provide oversight on 401(k) plan management and administration.
- Serve as the main point of contact for 3rd party vendors and manage those relationships accordingly.
- Work closely with HR Leadership to design comprehensive benefits offerings that align with the company’s vision and employee population.
- Support HR team in managing employee benefits-related questions and processes.
- Manage leave of absence administration and compliance.
- Work with internal and external auditors to perform annual audits of the plans including but not limited to 401(k) annual audit, 5500 preparation, 1095-C preparation, etc.
- Develop continuous education, training, and communications for employees on all benefit programs and employee welfare programs, and General HR Policies.
- Participate in the benefits committee meetings and make recommendations regarding program selection
- Must be a collaborative team member and also have the ability to work autonomously when needed.
- Liaison with the HR Operations, Payroll and HRIS team.
- Experience and proficiency in developing, writing, and implementing HR policies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess and analyze benefit plan cost comparisons and the ROI of different program offerings and models.
- Merger and acquisition experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leveraging data, processes, and technology.
- Demonstrated capability, and a desire to approach the role with a proactive mindset.
- HRIS administration experience is strongly preferred. Workday a plus.
- Shared Services HR model experience a plus.
- BS degree in HR, business, or other related fields.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience managing and administering benefits programs and employee welfare programs.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brigid is the Recruiting Manager for Corps Team and has been with the company for over 10 years. She is a PHR, SHRM-CP, and HR Generalist certified professional with nearly 20 years of Recruiting and HR experience. She is driven to make a difference in the lives of candidates and clients by connecting great talent with great companies.
Brigid leads a team that recruits nationally across various industries and for positions in Human Resources, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Administration, Management, and more. She received her Bachelor’s degree from Mount St. Joseph University and stays up to date on recruiting trends through continuous education from her certifications.