Business Operations Manager
Dorchestr Ctr, MA 02124 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
The organization is looking for an entrepreneurial Business Operations professional to help them continue to thrive and prepare for the next stage of rapid growth. As the internal business operations lead, this role will work closely with the outsourced accounting team and play a critical role in refining existing and creating new internal processes to ensure back-office operations scale efficiently with the added complexity of additional stores. The right candidate will assert best practices for administrative and financial controls while embracing the fluid and evolving nature of a start-up environment. The Business Operations Manager will oversee all ‘back office’ activity for the organization and will be the primary contact for the outsourced accounting team. This role will report to the CEO.
This is direct hire, full-time position, based out of the company’s Dorchester business office but has flexibility for remote work several days per week.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Own vendor relationships including insurance broker, landlords, accounting firm, payroll provider, etc. and steward annual vendor reviews.
- Own IT administration and key business software such as Google Suite, Slack. Ensure systems are well organized and relevant permission structures are in place; coordinate with IT vendor to manage equipment and software.
- Coordinate weekly payroll processing; collect all relevant info from team and share with accounting firm for processing; identify areas of opportunity to improve processes.
- Manage new hire onboarding, change of status, and termination processes.
- Working with CEO and others, coordinate revisions to HR policies, revise documents and communicate to team.
Financial and Accounting Administration
- Own the relationship with the outsourced accounting firm to ensure they have all of the resources and support from the internal team to manage the GL and all accounting functions.
- Ensure A/P is managed accurately and timely; review GL and Bill.com to ensure regular billing is up to date. Act as liaison between accounting firm and internal teams to facilitate communication and resolve open items.
- Ensure A/R is managed accurately and consistently; coordinate with internal team, external partners and accounting firm to ensure that invoices are managed proactively and that nothing falls through the cracks.
- Provide support for annual financial audit; collect and upload relevant documentation getting additional support.
Desired Background & Experience & Interests
- Excited about the company’s mission and commitment to affordable nutrition for all
- 5 years’ experience in business operations, accounting, administration or similar
- Discreet, honest, and trustworthy with unquestionable integrity
- Bias for action; looking for someone who is eager to jump in and get things done
- Excellent communicator; able to work with diverse stakeholders and communicate in a clear, respectful manner
- Familiarity with basic accounting and finance, payroll, HR admin are all highly desired. Experience with QuickBooks Online and/or payroll processing software is a plus
- Experience in non-profit, retail and accruals-based accounting would be helpful
- Problem-solving ability; someone who can think on their feet and ask the necessary questions to find solutions
- Agile, learns quickly and comfortable with change and new ways of doing things
Meet Your Recruiter
Nadia McKay owns and operates Corps Team/Mom Corps Boston. From 2007-2010, she served as the organization’s Regional VP, using her 20 years of experience in client service, staffing, and marketing, to grow the Mom Corps presence in the Boston market and beyond. She purchased the Boston Franchise in 2010, and since that time has partnered with innovative and growing start-up to Fortune 500 companies to bring on professional-level direct hire, contract, full-time, part-time and flexible talent across a variety of functional areas including Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, and Legal. Before joining Mom Corps, Nadia spent 14 years at Digitas, a global marketing services firm, as a VP/Marketing Director, and later as VP/Staffing for the Strategy & Analysis practice. Nadia has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Vermont.