Atlanta, GA 30318 US
The CFO will oversee the Finance Department with particular focus on the infrastructure and systems needed to support the strategic objectives for the organization’s financial health. The position will be an active participant in, and driver of, the organization’s overall financial strategy. Partner closely with the Managing Director to ensure the financial goals and obligations of the organization are achieved, documented, audited, and communicated. Responsible for the oversight of administrative and financial systems including financial accounting and reporting, budget planning, forecasting and modeling, etc.
This is a key member of the company’s senior management team and works closely with the finance, audit, and investment committees of the board of directors. This role leads the finance staff which includes the Controller, two Staff Accountants, and a Bookkeeper.
- Partner with the Managing Director on all operational and strategic issues as they arise; provide strategic recommendations to the Managing Director and General & Artistic Director based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the senior management team.
- Engage senior management team with short- and long-term financial planning goals and projections.
- Engage the board finance committee, audit committee, and investment committee around the issues, trends, and changes in the financial position of TAO.
- Develop and maintain documentation for procedures and policies for the finance and administration department.
- Ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions in accordance with GAAP. General oversight and approval of all general ledger activity including but not limited to activity in: cash, investments, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, accruals, deferred revenue, restricted net assets, contributions, and sales activity.
- Review and approve all monthly and quarterly account reconciliations, as prepared by the Controller.
- Review and approve weekly payables and bi-weekly payroll, as prepared by the Controller or Staff Accountant.
- Review and approve all general journal entries, as prepared by the Controller or Staff Accountant.
- Review and approve all employee/contractor information returns and quarterly wage filings, as prepared by the Controller or Staff Accountant.
- Sign checks and authorize direct payments to vendors and employees.
- In conjunction with the external audit firm, prepare, review, and file annual federal and state income tax returns, serving as the primary contact with the IRS.
- Manage the yearly audit as the direct liaison with the external auditors, including preparing necessary audit schedules.
- Primary contact for the Audit Committee on all financial compliance and reporting.
- Primary contact for the Finance and Executive Committee on all finance issues.
- Primary contact for the Investment Committee for the review of the Endowment.
- Develop and prepare monthly financial statement package that includes detailed analytics of the operational results along with detailed budget variance analysis, for distribution to senior management and the executive committee.
- Coordinate the planning, compilation, and presentation of the annual budget; maintain all records of progress in relation to the budget.
- Review monthly variance reports with senior management and ensure budget goals are met.
- Manage all debt relationships with regards to new borrowing and paydown schedules, primary contact with lenders, assess debt requirements.
- Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual cash flows, manage funds available to accommodate seasonality and other influences on cash flow.
- 10 years’ experience as a financial leader.
- Nonprofit industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- Experience in a senior-level position in finance including budget development is critical.
- Significant experience forecasting and managing cash flow is key.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analytics.
- Proficiency with accounting software packages and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Position requires some evening and weekend obligations during the performance season.
Salary $125,000-150,000. Final determination of salary will be based on an evaluation of experience, education, budget, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brigid is the Recruiting Manager for Corps Team and has been with the company for over 10 years. She is a PHR, SHRM-CP, and HR Generalist certified professional with nearly 20 years of Recruiting and HR experience. She is driven to make a difference in the lives of candidates and clients by connecting great talent with great companies.
Brigid leads a team that recruits nationally across various industries and for positions in Human Resources, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Administration, Management, and more. She received her Bachelor’s degree from Mount St. Joseph University and stays up to date on recruiting trends through continuous education from her certifications.