DIRECTOR - PRODUCT COMPLIANCE
Corcoran, MN 55340 US
Our client, a leader in the power sports industry, is seeking an experienced Director – Product Compliance for a Direct Hire Opportunity in Wyoming, Minnesota. This role travels about 15% of the time.
This is an exciting leadership role working in the research and development center of the world’s leading Powersports company. Reporting to the Vice President, Legal – Product Safety, you will lead a results-driven, dynamic team of compliance engineers and specialists responsible globally for identifying, evaluating, and complying with mandatory and voluntary product standards, regulations, laws and specifications; assessing regulatory risk and developing mitigation strategies to address those risks; and developing and certifying products against new mandatory internal vehicle requirements. You will lead the team planning for and obtaining emissions, vehicle safety, homologation, radio and other product certifications enabling global sales of all products, including side-by-sides, ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, boats, military vehicles, and related parts and accessories. This role will involve substantial collaboration with senior internal and external stakeholders on compliance-related issues, where you will need to champion new process and standards development to drive timely, effective and world-class compliance standards-setting and execution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain worldwide product compliance across all Global Business Units by direct participation in Long Range Product Planning (LRPP) and the Product Development Process (PDP).
- Obtain product compliance approvals on a timely basis to support the global product plan.
- Lead a team of direct reports in several locations and a cross-functional global network of engineers, manufacturing facilities, business leaders, and legal team support to maintain compliance.
- Establish and manage performance to Product Compliance budget and staffing plans.
- Own relationships with regulatory agency and technical service partners.
- Positively lead team in identifying standards from other industries and sectors and evaluating and modifying if necessary those tests for adaptation into internal requirements.
- Develop and maintain compliance processes using Information Systems technology where feasible, driving, tracking and documenting progress against roadmaps
- Actively track and influence global standards applicable to products.
- Participate in the post-sale surveillance and recall processes as related to Product Compliance.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, external experts and international industry groups to develop new industry voluntary standards and new internal mandatory standards to optimize the safety, performance and consumer experience using our products.
- Resolve any non-compliance issues that arise, and support any related regulatory reporting and litigation as required.
- Product scope includes Off-Road Vehicles, On-Road (Indian) Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Military & Commercial Vehicles, Boats, and Parts, Garments & Accessories including Portable Fuel Containers.
- Functional areas of coverage include vehicle emissions, product safety standards such as lighting and braking, electromagnetic compatibility, radio frequency devices, and other product compliance requirements exclusive of the Substance Compliance and Trade Compliance disciplines.
- Markets supported include all countries where our client sells products - the U.S., Canada, EU, China, Japan, Australia, and numerous other countries in Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America.
Skills, Education & Knowledge:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering or technical field
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading teams
- Minimum 10 years of vehicle-level product compliance experience
- Ability to collaborate and influence effectively in a matrixed environment
- Extensive experience in assessing compliance risk, obtaining vehicle certification approvals, maintaining self-certification files, and resolving complex vehicle compliance challenges
- Strong communication skills in a global setting
- Mechanical aptitude and enthusiasm for our client’s products
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Gena has joined Corps Team with eight years of recruiting experience in several industries such as Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, IT, Human Resources. She also has experience in start-up and corporate environments with consultative full life cycle recruitment background, administrative support and HR background. She is skilled at building relationships with employees across all levels of an organization, multitasking and adapting to meet any changing organizational needs. Gena has a Bachelors degree in Journalism and a minor in Speech Communications.