Sandy Springs, GA 30328 US
The Development Officer is a member of the Development Team and is responsible for high impact donor cultivation for the Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research. The primary focus of the Development Officer is to work with donors and prospects with significant giving capacity to accomplish their giving objectives in the form of annual giving, major and planned gifts. The Development Officer will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the moves management cycle including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship. This income-generating position reports directly to the Senior Director of Development under the strategic vision of the Chief Executive Officer.
Cultivate major gift prospects, investing the necessary time and energy to build meaningful.
relationships designed to understand the donor/prospect goals to move the mission forward.
- Manage a portfolio of prospects and major gift donors.
- Track prospects and donor contacts using organization tools and tracking methods via Salesforce to ensure that all donor information and special requests are recorded and accomplished.
- Develop stewardship strategies that continue the major gift relationship for future gifts and planned giving opportunities.
- Manage prospects throughout the United States.
- Assist in developing a major gift strategic plan.
- Work closely with other staff in and around Signature events to engage with major donors and prospects.
- Execute and report on quarterly/annual fundraising plans, donor solicitations, identification, cultivation, campaigns (capital and annual) and stewardship efforts.
- Work collaboratively, under the direction of the Senior Director of Development and Chief Executive Officer; and collaborate with other members of the staff to accomplish individual, team and funding goals.
- Attend and (occasionally) host events for the purposes of acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance: reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Work collaboratively with members of Board of Directors on prospect strategy.
- Be a resource for Development Team
- Identify potential volunteer connections.
- Demonstrate foundation values in performance of all duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree and/or CFRE preferred
- A proven fundraising track record, as well as possible history in finance, sales, and marketing
- The ability to lead, work in a team setting, and work independently
- Detailed and in-depth knowledge of fundraising
- Comfort in researching and analyzing large groups of data to uncover prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication aptitude
- Capable of handling numerous tasks at once and still meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated history of securing major gifts over three or more years while working a growing organization
- Priority must be given to direct contact with donors.
- Ability to determine how best to develop and maintain effective relationships with
- donors and determine when and how a prospective donor can be successfully solicited for a gift/gifts
- Capable of mobilizing and motivating volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs and interests of donors to develop or strengthen relationships.
- Ability to participate in all aspects of the giving cycle.
- Must have knowledge of planned giving techniques and vehicles.
- May travel and work irregular hours as needed.
- Requires proficient computer, database, technology and social media skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Work well in a team environment and be able to accept input as well as supervisory guidance.
- Must be a self-starter who regularly sets and achieves activity and results-driven goals.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Becca has over 15 years of management and client interaction experience working across multiple industries such as retail, finance, IT, supply chain, and manufacturing. She has 7 years of recruiting experience running a full desk and providing full cycle experience to both companies and job seekers. Becca truly enjoys hearing about her clients' needs and taking time to speak with candidates to find the right match.
Becca works hard and truly enjoys building relationships through listening and giving the best professional advice she can. She loves hearing the positive feedback from her candidates once she has been able to assist them in finding the right long term opportunity to suit their skills and personal desires. Becca graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Fitness and Health from Union University in Jackson, TN in 2004.