Director of Marketing
Reston, VA 20190 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Recruiting for this position is being handled by Corps Team on behalf of our client. This is a full time, direct hire position with a full benefits package in Reston, Virginia. Candidates must be local to the Washington, D.C. metro area (NO relocation assistance is available) and able to work a regular hybrid schedule in the Reston, VA office.
Our client is seeking an experienced B2B Marketing Director to facilitate customer acquisition and increase subscriber growth of their subscription-based service, Satellite Time and Location (STL) which is available anywhere on the planet, is protected by over 40 patents, and delivers assured positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) via a cryptographically protected satellite broadcast signal that is stronger and more secure than other solutions, including GPS.
As the leader of marketing strategy and operations for the Commercial Enterprise Solutions business unit you will work with the executive leadership team, sales teams, communication teams and customer experience teams to take our brand recognition to extraordinary levels.
You’re a strategic problem solver and planner, and you have proficiency in a range of modern marketing strategies, tactics and platforms.
The position reports to Vice President & General Manager of Commercial Enterprise Solutions
- Develop an annual marketing plan.
- Create go-to-market programs for new offerings, market segments, and geographies.
- Gain a deep understanding of buyer needs and how solutions meet those needs.
- Develop product messaging to be used across all media and customer engagement channels.
- Empower sales to communicate our products effectively to prospective customers.
- Lead global cross-functional launch and release marketing initiatives.
- Partner closely with product and market strategy to gain a deep understanding of product vision and upcoming functionality and determine how best to communicate this externally.
- Build product awareness through events, PR, article placements, and social media.
- Proactively identify customer success and bring those stories to life for use in marketing.
- Create content (e.g. thought leadership, videos, website copy, blog posts, infographics) to articulate the benefits of the solution to the marketplace.
- Create and maintain a library of sales tools, such as customer presentations and competitive materials.
- BA/BS in Marketing or a related field
Skills and Requirements:
- 10+ years of B2B product marketing experience; demonstrated success marketing complex enterprise cloud software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and success with go to market strategies.
- Proven success record of how your initiatives meet customer acquisition and subscriber growth targets.
- Excited and motivated to work in fast-paced, growing, cutting-edge, dynamic, startup environment that plans to change the world as we know it!
- Able to work independently with little management oversight.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop clear, concise, compelling messaging, and a persuasive writing style.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and influence across functions.
- Fast learner, detail-oriented, and must enjoy fast-paced work environments.
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams and across all levels.
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, creative, and analytical.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Able to travel 10-25% of the time to US and International locations, primarily US and Europe.
- Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19 prior to starting to work.
Meet Your Recruiter
President, Washington D.C.
Jennifer Bainbridge owns and operates the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia franchises of Mom Corps, Inc., after spending many years in IT Leadership in the computer software, telecommunications and financial services industries. Jennifer has extensive experience in all areas of the software development lifecycle with an emphasis on Agile practices and software quality. With this expertise, she has regularly led seminars and classes on evolving IT technology. She also has extensive international management experience including offshore and nearshore IT staffing solutions. Jennifer has been with Corps Team since 2009. During that time she has been a frequent speaker and subject matter expert on hiring best practices and work-life synthesis. She currently serves on the board of Northern Virginia SHRM. Bainbridge graduated with an MBA from the College of William and Mary and a BA from Barnard College.