Atlanta, GA 30339 US
This role is critical to our client’s project development, design and execution functions and overall project success strategy.
Our client is looking for engineers and technical personnel who have worked with industrial utility systems and automation. Other experiences and training that allow candidates to participate in a multidiscipline project environment more fully, is a plus!
- Design industrial electrical power distribution systems primarily within industries such as Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical, etc.
- Utilize your expertise to help companies that range from small startups firms to large multinational firms
- Work on all phases of a project covering new and modified lines and processes from initial concept through installation and commissioning
- Help clients with changes that allow them to meet strategic opportunities in their respective markets
- Project planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary engineering design teams
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and engineering disciplines to design and detail industrial processes, motor controls, instrumentation, and power systems that meet business requirements
- Conceptual design
- Assist with design of new facilities and systems from conceptual design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling and commissioning.
- Design concepts, equipment layouts, single lines and capital estimates
- Utility requirements, size and spacing
- Detail design
- Wiring diagrams from vendor drawings and control cable lists
- Design and specify electrical power distribution equipment
- Produce single line diagrams and specifications
- Design, specify, and commission electrical systems
- System design load calculations, voltage drop & short circuit calculations, raceway (cable tray & conduit) sizing, power feeder sizing
- Design & create control cable lists and diagrams from control panels to the instruments and devices on the project
- Equipment sizing and selection
- Generate engineering documentation and drawings
- Engineering analysis and calculations
- Troubleshooting existing systems
- Optimize systems to meet all customer, regulatory, and internal requirements
- Support installation, startup and commissioning activities for packaging systems
- Coordinate with 3rd party contractors and firms to get information needed to complete the project design
- Provide construction support to contractors with timely responses to RFIs and construction issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Professional Engineering Certification required
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in power system design for industrial manufacturing environments.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience developing motor controls programming for PLC controls and electrical drives preferred but not required
- Demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD
- Ability to understand process flow diagrams and P&ID’s
- Ability to conduct existing facility audits
- Ability to perform Arc Flash Analyses and to provide training for plant personnel
- Willing to travel to perform field investigations of existing power systems and to commission new equipment, controls and interfacing utility equipment
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with root cause analysis required
- Fast learner and quickly adapts to change
- Strong mechanical/electrical/controls knowledge
- Must be highly self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal with all levels of management
- Must be exceptionally organized and self-disciplined to accommodate concurrent work across multiple projects
- Solid understanding of food safety regulations preferred
- Understand electrical utilities related to facility and process requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
Base Salary $90,000-$125,000. Final determination of salary will be based on an evaluation of experience, education, budget, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Melissa has 9 years of technical recruiting experience within IT, Engineering, and Professional Service industries. She thoroughly enjoys connecting and helping candidates & clients in finding the right fit. Melissa has a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in psychology from Southern Illinois University.