Electrical Layout Designer
Wyoming, MN 55092 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Responsible for executing robust electrical routed system harness designs, complex component placement and providing design support throughout the development cycle and post-production activities for company vehicles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate closely with the Electrical Engineers and Platform Electrical Design Architect to align on the desired physical strategy for a vehicle electrical system and then proceed to execute it in the CAD realm.
- Responsible for the electrical system in CAD, including finalizing component placement, routing harnesses, and developing interfaces with other systems.
- Participates in collaborative design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all stakeholders.
- Assists in the design of brackets, features, interfaces, and other mechanical components to achieve successful component placement and harness routings.
- Meets project design release deadlines, including the ability to identify and prioritize the appropriate tasks when there are competing priorities
- Actively engages with the Manufacturing team to ensure robust manufacturability of the electrical system
- Actively engages with the Validation and Field Support teams to resolve validation or customer issues and work to resolution
- Actively engages with Project teams to manage vehicle electrical system timelines and Bill-Of-Materials.
- Assist with developing and managing the electrical system variant strategy that will support varying feature levels and PG&A needs on vehicle platforms
- Manage electrical design release activities.
- Performs other miscellaneous electrical design assignments as required.
- Electrical Technology Degree or higher with 2+ years relevant design experience.
- Proficiency with CAD required, Capital Harness and Creo experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with the routing of cables and flexible components.
- Basic understanding of electrical fundamentals.
- Experience in new product design and development.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail while managing significant complexity on multiple concurrent programs.
- Takes a hands-on approach in product development – continuously working to correlate designs with real-life performance and function.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and quickly work towards issue resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Melissa has been recruiting within the Civil Engineering, Construction, and Architecture industries in Colorado the past 7 years. She thoroughly enjoys connecting and helping candidates & clients in finding the right fit. Melissa has a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in psychology from Southern Illinois University, and is looking forward to starting a new chapter with Corps Team.