Orlando, FL US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Contract Opportunity: Finance Associate(10-20 hrs/wk)
ParentsTogether’s superpower is reaching parents where they are with practical information and civic engagement actions that help improve their families’ lives.
We serve over 3 million subscribers with content across our platforms (Facebook Messenger, SMS, Email, TikTok, Instagram, and web) and reach tens of millions of parents each year through viral content, influencer partnerships, and earned media. We use those same channels to organize parents to speak out in favor of economic justice, pandemic relief, public education, affordable childcare, kids’ health, racial justice, online safety, and other important priorities. You can learn more about our work on our website and on our social platforms here and here.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Finance Associate implements ParentsTogether’s financial procedures and protocols to support the accounting operations of the organization. The Finance Associate gathers and inputs data in collaboration with the Finance and Operations teams to ensure our accounting processes run smoothly and on time. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and works closely with the Accounting Manager
- Twice monthly A/Ps and reimbursement requests (review for accuracy, obtain necessary documentation, coding and approval, and file all documentation electronically – invoices, AP reports, approval, and payment confirmation reports).
- Calculate monthly staff time allocations using data from Toggl, our time tracking system.
- Obtain and save documentation for deposits and all AR’s.
- Obtain coding information for credit card transactions; confirm all documentation (corresponding receipts) has been collected and file electronically.
- Obtain monthly reports and receipts for online donations from the Stripe website and file them electronically; complete monthly Stripe reconciliations and obtain approval.
- Obtain advertising receipts twice monthly and file them electronically; update the ad cost tracker including coding; and obtain approval.
- Send follow-up emails related to the above and respond to emails in a timely manner.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Two to three years of highly relevant experience in a nonprofit organization
- Familiarity with systems for accounting tracking and management
- Understanding of basic accounting principles/functions
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office and Google suites, esp. excel and/or google sheets.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfort with and ability to communicate with a range of individuals - written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with input and feedback from others
- Ability to maintain documentation and filing systems
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues and errors as they arise
- Preparing nonprofit financial statements and reports
- Personnel cost allocations to programs and departments
We strongly encourage you to apply if this contractor role and our mission sounds interesting to you, even if you are not sure you meet all of the qualifications. We are interested in a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds.
At ParentsTogether, we have an intersectional analysis and believe that building a multiracial, cross-class parent movement is non-negotiable. We are actively working to build a diverse team of staff and contractors; people of color, people from poor and working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
This is a temporary, freelance contract position requiring approximately 10-20 hours per week. Initial contract length will be six months, but could be extended. Compensation is $40-45/hr depending on experience. Work will be done remotely.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.careers-page.com/parents-together-foundation only. Please include your resume and a cover letter.
Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled; preference will be given to those who apply by June 10th at midnight (ET). We aim to make our decision quickly, and hope candidates will start at the end of June at the latest.