Raytown, MO 64133 US
The Fraud Investigator is responsible for applying fact-finding methods to investigate potential fraudulent activity, including the evaluation of transactions in Cable, Internet and Mobile Orders. The ideal candidate will seek to achieve the optimal balance between customer experience and fraud prevention through interaction with callers, and maintain that balance as the business grows and fraud trends evolve. Responsible for performing research of data and, through interaction with callers, to assist in identifying cases of potential takeover, ID Theft or abuse. Assignments are broad in nature and require the ability to make decisions and multitask.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Leverage appropriate resources to support the identification and initiation of fraud or abuse investigations, and ensure relevant information is appropriately collected, analyzed, and documented.
- Request additional caller documentation when required for investigation.
- Complete investigation/documentation and provides communication back to the caller.
- Bring resolution to fraudulent claims by employing tools that detect and disrupt fraud schemes.
- Evaluate, process, and document fraud, identity theft and customer validation claims.
- Exceed customer expectations by understanding their specific requirements and impact.
- Utilize defined metrics for tracking and reporting.
- Adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Assist team leader/managers with escalated calls, emails, and corporate escalations.
- Identify and present opportunities for improved operational procedures inside and outside the department to team leader and managers on an ongoing basis.
- Collect, research, and validate data against relevant guidelines.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations displaying positive behavior that is aligned with company values
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to make a decision in every investigation required
- Working knowledge of cable or telecom operations, fraud investigation and/or detection and analysis, and laws/regulations related to fraud and general risk management
- Basic data analysis skills
- Ability to be organized, detailed, meet deadlines, manage time, and maintain accuracy while in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers, while maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in applying proper policies, procedures and guidelines
- Exhibits competent multi-tasking skills and takes initiative in diffusing challenging customer contacts Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
- In depth Knowledge of the ICOMS and/or CSG billing systems, extensive knowledge of billing cycles and cross divisional procedures
- General knowledge of Fraud operations, policies and procedures
- Self-starter possessing the ability to work independently while supporting a team environment Enthusiasm and interest in Fraud, compliance and related services
- Ability to remain empathetic while communicating risk decisions, ability to de-escalate calls when communicating difficult messages
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leaders, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers, spreadsheet and word processing software is required Requires self-motivation, accuracy, problem solving and the ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- High school diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of related experience in similar field and/or fraud training
- 3+ years of experience dealing with and resolving difficult and escalated issues
- Basic skip tracing skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Becca has over 15 years of management and client interaction experience working across multiple industries such as retail, finance, IT, supply chain, and manufacturing. She has 7 years of recruiting experience running a full desk and providing full cycle experience to both companies and job seekers. Becca truly enjoys hearing about her clients' needs and taking time to speak with candidates to find the right match.
Becca works hard and truly enjoys building relationships through listening and giving the best professional advice she can. She loves hearing the positive feedback from her candidates once she has been able to assist them in finding the right long term opportunity to suit their skills and personal desires. Becca graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Fitness and Health from Union University in Jackson, TN in 2004.