International Traffic/Logistics Manager
Beverly, MA 01915 US
Our client is a world-leading provider of equipment and services to the semiconductor manufacturing industry. They are looking for a Logistics Manager with international/global logistics/supply chain experience. The ideal candidate will know how to negotiate freight with global forwarding partners and will be an expert in export compliance.
This is a full-time, direct hire position based out of the client’s Beverly, MA office.
The primary responsibility of this position is Traffic Management. The Logistics Manager will lead the shipping and logistics teams responsible for providing cost effective, efficient, and traceable movement of goods. S/he will develop, implement, and maintain policies and systems relating to monitoring costs and efficiencies in the department. S/he will analyze and recommend transportation and freight costs, as well as appropriate routing and carriers to be used. S/he will ensure that lowest cost transportation is used to satisfy both customer and company needs. S/he will direct the activities of those who contact vendors, customers and carriers to resolve any problems in transit. S/he will select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and leadership to a small group of shipping/logistics specialists working on various aspects of freight management and shipping.
- Develop and execute day-to-day operational strategies to support the following areas with a strong focus on cost management and high levels of service.
- Customer Direct Shipments - small package to large capital equipment moves
- Intercompany Stocking Shipments
- Lead projects geared towards process improvements in Shipping and Logistics. Use Lean Principles to identify and lead projects to reduce cost, reduce waste, increase throughput, or improve quality/safety.
- Effectively work to deliver cost savings and cost avoidance. Negotiate freight costs, while choosing routings that meet transit time expectations.
- Create and Audit SOP’s to manage and control logistics operations. Publish routing guides, track and monitor costs related to logistics. Develop tracking mechanisms for quotes and packaging costs.
- Assist in the negotiations for freight and logistics service providers. Ensure SOPs are in place with all providers.
- Support the Freight Payment and Audit process
- Generate monthly metrics to support the shipping/logistics function - identify areas for cost and performance improvement.
- Support the forecasting, cost analysis, tracking and reporting of transportation annual operations cost budget and associated risks. Identify and recommend cost savings initiatives to ensure overall targets are met.
- Work collaboratively and foster strong working relationships within the organization including Sales, Finance, Procurement, Manufacturing, and Planning. Assist other departments with coordination of shipments on ad-hoc basis
- Familiar with Incoterms and can provide guidance relative to the selection of the most appropriate and cost-effective Incoterms for various types of freight movement.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience with international logistics and supply chain processes and systems
- Experience negotiating freight with global forwarding partners
- Export compliance expertise
- Experience with logistics budget and spend management
- Proven leadership skills
- Experience in leading projects for cost and performance improvements and using tools and technology to support performance initiatives.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nadia McKay owns and operates Corps Team/Mom Corps Boston. From 2007-2010, she served as the organization’s Regional VP, using her 20 years of experience in client service, staffing, and marketing, to grow the Mom Corps presence in the Boston market and beyond. She purchased the Boston Franchise in 2010, and since that time has partnered with innovative and growing start-up to Fortune 500 companies to bring on professional-level direct hire, contract, full-time, part-time and flexible talent across a variety of functional areas including Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, and Legal. Before joining Mom Corps, Nadia spent 14 years at Digitas, a global marketing services firm, as a VP/Marketing Director, and later as VP/Staffing for the Strategy & Analysis practice. Nadia has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Vermont.