Hopkinton, MA 01748 US
They are seeking a Marketing Manager to coordinate the development of their marketing strategy and manage the execution of that strategy to achieve their goals for building the desired brand awareness and messaging for their portfolio of products and services.
Reporting to the EVP of Sales and Marketing, this is a full-time, on-site position at the company’s Hopkinton, MA headquarters. 10-20% travel to conferences and meetings.
- Support the development of the Company’s overall marketing strategy based on cross-functional discussions and input from key decision makers
- Design the execution plan to implement the agreed upon major project initiatives, responsibilities, and timelines to support the marketing strategy
- Manage the utilization and deployment of the Company’s marketing resources – both internal and external – to support the implementation of all marketing and communication activities including conferences, advertising, website design and content, HubSpot, SEO optimization, CRM, digital marketing, newsletters, and direct customer outreach
- Acquire a knowledge and understanding of the Company’s products and services to develop effective targeted product communication, brand messaging and Company positioning to all of the Company’s market / customer segments – semiconductors, industrial distributors and Tier 1 gas companies
- Oversee and manage the annual marketing budget, including staffing, outside service providers, ad campaigns, communication tools, etc.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure the effectiveness of marketing program initiatives in achieving intended objectives and provide periodic reports reflecting performance against these metrics
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Directly supervise two employees within the department
- Interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise and reward performance; address discipline issues and resolve problems
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in marketing or related field
- 6-8 years proven experience in marketing management positions of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing or comparable industry environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, HubSpot
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates with basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management ability to plan and organize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Project Management – Able to set project requirements and manage resources, timelines and deliverables to achieve defined marketing project outcomes.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Leadership - Proven experience leading and building the competencies of a marketing team as well as working collaboratively up and down the organization to accomplish desired outcomes. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Gives appropriate recognition to others. A hands-on leader who understands the business and its strategy and is able to communicate the what, why and how for executing on the strategy. A collaborative leader without losing sight of the importance of achievement of tasks and deliverables.
- Motivation - A self-starter who manages responsibilities and commitments clearly. Measures performance against successful achievement of defined goals and objectives. As a supervisor and team leader strikes an effective balance between hands on doer and delegator to build the competencies of the team and complete the work. Measures self against standard of excellence and integrity.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Nadia McKay owns and operates Corps Team/Mom Corps Boston. From 2007-2010, she served as the organization’s Regional VP, using her 20 years of experience in client service, staffing, and marketing, to grow the Mom Corps presence in the Boston market and beyond. She purchased the Boston Franchise in 2010, and since that time has partnered with innovative and growing start-up to Fortune 500 companies to bring on professional-level direct hire, contract, full-time, part-time and flexible talent across a variety of functional areas including Marketing, Strategy, Human Resources, Finance/Accounting, and Legal. Before joining Mom Corps, Nadia spent 14 years at Digitas, a global marketing services firm, as a VP/Marketing Director, and later as VP/Staffing for the Strategy & Analysis practice. Nadia has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Vermont.