Corona, CA 92879 US
We have a great opportunity for a Mechanical Designer to join the engineering team supporting the aftermarket brands of Kolpin, Pro Armor, and Trail Tech (Apex Product Group. This position is primarily focused on plastic product design and innovation of aftermarket accessories. Responsibilities include the technical design, development, and validation of accessories from conceptual design through to production for the Kolpin, Pro Armor, and Trail Tech brands while delivering key project objectives including cost, schedule, product features and benefits, safety, quality, and customer value.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Product design of powersports accessories from conceptual design through to start of production with a focus in Sheet Metal, Tubing, and Surfacing design.
- Creates and executes complex mechanical design in Pro/E Creo design software. The ability to lead contract CAD personnel with development is a plus.
- Working with the cross functional Apex team to deliver product features and benefits while meeting key deliverables of product cost target, schedule, and standards for quality and safety.
- Preparation of and presentation of design reviews and project status to Apex leadership & other stakeholders. Works with cross functional Apex team to ensure successful product launch.
- Supports all product design related topics including purchasing, design for manufacturing, production support, & technical inquiries from customer service with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Analyzes existing and new designs to identify product improvements and cost reduction opportunities.
- 2+ years relevant design experience
- Proficient in solid modeling (Sheet Metal, Round Tubing), and surfacing modules using PTC Creo.
- Familiarity with PDM software, preferably Windchill.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use powersports (ATV & SxS) vehicles & Apex (Kolpin, Pro Armor, Trail Tech) products competently.
- Extensive knowledge of powersports and/or automotive-like products a plus.
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication) when working with both domestic and international partners and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity; self-starter tendencies with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Melissa has been recruiting within the Civil Engineering, Construction, and Architecture industries in Colorado the past 7 years. She thoroughly enjoys connecting and helping candidates & clients in finding the right fit. Melissa has a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in psychology from Southern Illinois University, and is looking forward to starting a new chapter with Corps Team.