Operations Associate (Alternative Investments)
Atlanta, GA 30309 US
Our client, a financial advisor specializing in wealth management for high-net-worth clients, is seeking an Operations Associate (Alternative Investments) for a full-time direct hire role in their Atlanta, GA office.
Per company policy, new hires must work on-site for first 3 months of employment but, after 3 months and with manager's approval, may elect to work remotely up to 3 days per week.
- The Alternatives Operations Associate is an integral part of the overall client experience with a focus on Alternative Investments and other complex solutions offered to clients. This Associate will work directly with the Director of Element Operations to ensuring proper implementation of alternative investments and other solutions.
- Effectively process and manage the Alternative investment workflow including new subscriptions, redemptions, and transfers.
- Handle all Alternative account maintenance including, address updates, distribution changes, and follow-up AML requests.
- Work with fund companies to resolve issues, keep track of deadlines, and maintain our database of Fund documents.
- Assist with funding of Alternative investments including working with Cashiering Team on capital calls.
- Work with our custodians to onboard new Alternatives to respective platforms.
- Work with Onboarding and Portfolio Management with the transferring in of outside Alternatives.
- Assist with internal fund maintenance, operational due diligence and maintaining Alternative Sales Force profiles and Matrix.
- Assist Director of Fund management.
- Assist the Portfolio Accounting team during high volume periods.
- Cultivate relationships with our outside vendors and partners to provide efficient, seamless service to our clients.
- Work closely with compliance to identify potential red flags and report them to the CCO and/or Senior Management.
- Actively participates and contributes to Operations Team projects (internal and external).
- Develops an understanding of the Firm’s Financial Solutions philosophy, programs, features, and benefits. Strives towards a thorough understanding of firm services, philosophies, and ideologies.
- Strong interest in Alternative investments and desire to grow within the Operations Team or Fund Management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, can-do-attitude, enthusiasm, and a strong aptitude for learning.
- The ability to effectively prioritize workloads and complete tasks within well-defined guidelines and time constraints is essential.
- The ability to be resourceful and find resolution in situations that do not have a pre-defined course of action, as these situations frequently occur regarding alternative and other complex solutions.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical given the nature of paperwork, processes, and work, upon which both clients and the Wealth Management Team depend.
- This person is an intelligent, analytical thinker with the ability to draw on a range of resources to ensure a high-quality outcome across the position responsibilities.
- Possess the ability to identify potential compliance risks.
- Takes initiative both independently and within a team and the has intrinsic motivation to learn and grow within the role and company.
- 4-year college degree
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working with Alternative Investments.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience working in an Operations role within the financial services industry.
- Familiarity with CRMs is preferred.
- Familiarity with Fidelity, Schwab and TD Ameritrade is advantageous.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Meet Your Recruiter
Lead Senior Recruiter
Lynn, a Certified Diversity & Inclusion Recruiter, joined Corps Team in March of 2011. She earned her bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Philosophy from Northern Kentucky University. Lynn has over 17 years of Recruiting and HR experience, and finds great fulfillment in partnering with hiring managers to help them find the best candidate for their hiring needs. Partnering with employers in a wide range of industries, Lynn’s recruiting expertise includes human resources and total rewards, accounting and finance, marketing, business development, customer support, and administrative roles. However, she has also successfully met business needs by managing recruitment processes outside of her wheelhouse, facing these challenges with excitement and determination.