Charlotte, NC 28203 US
Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards, the Payroll Manager will manage a two-person payroll staff and payroll functions for the company’s North American locations. The role is responsible for accurately processing payroll in accordance with scheduled payroll cycles while adhering to federal/state and local regulations, guidelines and standards in a safe and efficient manner.
- Directs the processing of weekly and biweekly payrolls for all US and Canadian locations. Assists in the process, as needed, with corporate HR, field locations and 3rd party vendors.
- Troubleshoots errors in each pay run and performs audits after payroll is processed each week.
- Will lead the payroll workstream function in the migration from Dayforce to Workday.
- Ensures all proper and legally required deductions are made from paychecks.
- Plans and develops the company payroll processing schedules. Administers and communicates system updates and changes to HR user community.
- Maintains the federal and state tax reporting system in compliance with all federal and state tax laws to avoid penalties and minimize costs.
- Develops standardized and customized payroll reports for management, assists in the preparation of general ledger reconciliation. (i.e., deduction, tax, loan, & checking accounts) for the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Performs all payroll functions within legal guidelines of state and local authorities, including garnishments, reporting, tax withholding and programs i.e. disability and state mandated PTO entitlements.
- Partners with the HR/Compliance Manager to provide pertinent information ensuring compliance and timely mandatory reporting related to Affordable Care Act and EEO-1 Reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of other related government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations; fulfills compliance and reporting requirements.
- Trains and keeps Payroll Administrator up to date on payroll issues and procedures to ensure proper payroll processing and ability to answer questions when Payroll Manager is unavailable.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5+ years of hands-on Payroll experience
- OR 10 years of payroll manager experience as an equivalent
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required
- CPP preferred
- Experience with Workday payroll and report generation required; Additional experience with Ceridian Dayforce preferred
- Payroll system implementation experience a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll tax laws, unemployment regulations, wage garnishment/child support regulations, FLSA, and wage-hour laws
- Working knowledge of accounting processes (general ledgers, account reconciliation, etc.)
- Candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, and verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Base Salary: $120,000-140,000. Final determination of salary will be based on an evaluation of experience, education, budget, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Brigid is the Recruiting Manager for Corps Team and has been with the company for over 10 years. She is a PHR, SHRM-CP, and HR Generalist certified professional with nearly 20 years of Recruiting and HR experience. She is driven to make a difference in the lives of candidates and clients by connecting great talent with great companies.
Brigid leads a team that recruits nationally across various industries and for positions in Human Resources, Accounting & Finance, Sales & Marketing, Administration, Management, and more. She received her Bachelor’s degree from Mount St. Joseph University and stays up to date on recruiting trends through continuous education from her certifications.