Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Reston, VA 20190 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Location: US-VA, DC Metro
Recruiting for this is being handled by Corps Team on behalf of our client. This is a full time, direct hire, employee position with excellent benefits.
We have an outstanding opportunity for high-energy expert Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer to work with our Wireless, Private 5g, Data Center customers and Partner OEMs in crafting ground-breaking customer engagement roadmaps demonstrating the capabilities of STL. The selected candidate will work with an internal development team and with commercial partners to implement the company’s flagship Satellite Time and Location (STL) solution on new platforms. The successful applicant will have a track record of working with equipment-based solutions in driving business outcomes through technology solutions, with experience in engaging at the C-level with Business and Technology groups. As a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer, you will act as part of the Sales Team. Ideal candidates should be eager to advance in our organization by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day.
- Work with direct sales and partner sales teams to provide customer product demonstrations and proofs of concepts.
- Provide thought leadership in crafting solutions for both prospective customers and partners.
- Ability to uncover the challenges and issues a business is facing by running successful and targeted discovery sessions and workshops.
- Be an innovator who can build and demonstrate new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking.
- Engage with business users to build solution presentations, demonstrations and evaluations.
- Build roadmaps that clearly articulate how partners can implement and integrate solutions to move from current to future state.
- Authoritatively present and articulate the business value to managers and executives of all levels.
- Deliver functional and technical responses to RFPs/RFIs.
- Work as an excellent teammate by chipping in, learning and sharing new knowledge.
- Demonstrate a conceptual knowledge of how to integrate new ideas, new technology, new features to existing business applications and technology.
- Lead multiple customer engagements concurrently.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and take initiative.
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core proficiencies or the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Relevant years of confirmed experience working for a wireless equipment manufacturer, data center equipment manufacturer, or otherwise in the wireless industry, in either pre-sales or product development roles - supporting the sales cycle in selling enterprise solutions
- Strong focus and experience in pre-sales or implementation for large enterprise customers is required.
- Experience in demonstrating Customer engagement solution, understand and drive use cases, and customer journeys.
- Experience with taking customers from evaluation to implementation.
- Business Analysis/ Business case/return on investment construction.
- Experience in sophisticated solution selling to Enterprise customers.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with a focus on needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Outstanding presentation and demonstration skills.
- Minimum 10 years of full-time sales experience (hardware a plus);
- Must be actively working as a pre-sale’s solution engineer in the last 3 years.
- Proven track record of success prospecting for new business.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to understand customer needs and meet that need with a successful product sale
Ability to multi-task, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule out of the Reston office.
- Ability to Travel up to 50% - some months more, some months less.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to government contracts.
- Inside sales experience a plus.
- Enterprise prospecting experience a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
President, Washington D.C.
Jennifer Bainbridge owns and operates the Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia franchises of Mom Corps, Inc., after spending many years in IT Leadership in the computer software, telecommunications and financial services industries. Jennifer has extensive experience in all areas of the software development lifecycle with an emphasis on Agile practices and software quality. With this expertise, she has regularly led seminars and classes on evolving IT technology. She also has extensive international management experience including offshore and nearshore IT staffing solutions. Jennifer has been with Corps Team since 2009. During that time she has been a frequent speaker and subject matter expert on hiring best practices and work-life synthesis. She currently serves on the board of Northern Virginia SHRM. Bainbridge graduated with an MBA from the College of William and Mary and a BA from Barnard College.