Principal Architect, Engineering Platforms
Houston, TX 77046 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client, a leading independent investment management firm, is seeking an experienced Principal Architect, Engineering Platforms for a 6+ month contract in Houston, Texas. This position is hybrid with 2 days on site, and 3 days remote.
As a Principal Architect of the Engineering Platforms team, you will be responsible for major platforms that spans across multiple domains, advocating for enterprise architecture maturity through pattern development and hardening of reusable operational designs, and delivering on a self-service Engineering operating model. You will also partner with various governing bodies to enable high-performing teams on delivering competitive and innovative technology solutions.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Define and design enterprise integrations between major solutions and data sources (i.e. Snowflake, PostgreSQL) with APIs (preferably MuleSoft).
- Interact with other product, support, and infrastructure teams across a geographically global organization.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain major engineering platforms that are shared across multiple domains.
- Be responsible for promoting a collaborative and engaging culture as partners of Security, Technology and Services teams by providing enablement platforms, streamlined processes, and development tooling or frameworks to enable high-performing teams at scale that align to enterprise strategies and standards.
- Be a part of the enterprise governing body, promote integration patterns, and support the API management solution and overall program to enable high performing engineering teams through maximum reusability of data services.
- Champion engineering initiatives and best practice by actively participating in product development teams to enable adoption of practices and patterns via insights and oversight.
- Be an agile evangelist working closely with coaches and RTEs to help mentor teams towards agile best practices so that ceremonies remain useful and not just habit.
- Thrive on the art of the possible, defining enterprise-level architectural patterns.
- Hands-on development through peer programming typically required.
- Provide reliable DevSecOps to aid engineers in efficient building, testing, release management, monitoring, and deployment of innovative solutions through proper administration, automation, and integrations with CI/CD tools and pipelines.
Work experience / knowledge:
- 6+ years of experience in object-oriented programming.
- 5+ years of experience delivering API integrations with REST, GraphQL, microservices, or Mule.
- 5+ years of experience as a systems architect with capabilities to design complex system integrations and patterns.
- 3+ years of experience acting as a multi-system solutions architect.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS services (i.e. Lambda, EC2, EKS, IAM, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Java services for enterprises using traditional frameworks (Java EE, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate, etc.)
- Proficient in GIT required.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies required.
- Knowledge of container technologies: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of testing systems and tools (JMeter, JUnit, Selenium); automation experience is a plus.
- Experience with DevSecOps environments, including exposure to CI/CD tools (i.e. SCM, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle, Sonar, Helm) required.
- Certification in MuleSoft recommended.
- Certification in AWS recommended.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes:
- Good communication including written, diagrammatic, and oral to unwind complexities in solutions to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Keep up with the latest trends, be a disruptive thinker and have experience of driving cultural change in organizations.
- Passionate innovator.
- Self-motivated and capable of leading initiatives with little or no supervision.
- Flexible to meet changing requirements and priorities.
- Good inter-personal skills combined with willingness to listen and learn.
- Able to react positively under pressure to deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Enjoy results-oriented and thought-provoking work with a strong desire to progress career.
- Able to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Able to express compassion and have engineering empathy.
- Willing to travel as required by role, when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related computer engineering degree is preferred but relevant work experience and proven background is foremost
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Gena has joined Corps Team with eight years of recruiting experience in several industries such as Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, IT, Human Resources. She also has experience in start-up and corporate environments with consultative full life cycle recruitment background, administrative support and HR background. She is skilled at building relationships with employees across all levels of an organization, multitasking and adapting to meet any changing organizational needs. Gena has a Bachelors degree in Journalism and a minor in Speech Communications.