Product Compliance Engineer
Wyoming, MN 55092 US
Our client, a leader in the power sports industry, is seeking an experienced ORV Product Compliance Engineer for a fantastic direct hire opportunity in Wyoming, Minnesota.
Electrification and Youth Regulatory Compliance Engineer will be integral part of the Product Compliance Team within the Global ORV Business Unit. They will be responsible for actively maintaining product certifications for All Terrain Vehicles and Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles including tracking and implementing new global product regulations and supporting product development and compliance systems in a diverse cross functional team environment with hands on exposure to our client’s products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain and maintain regulatory certifications of assigned products, including emissions, noise, vehicle safety, electrical system and battery safety and other certification types.
- Ensure compliance with US EPA, CARB, ANSI/SVIA, ANSI/ROHVA, ANSI/OPEI, UL, US Forest Service, Transport Canada, EU type approval, and other international requirements.
- Support engineering research and development activities to ensure compliance by design for new products.
- Prepare deliverables for stage gate product development process (PDP) reviews.
- Plan and coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, sales, and marketing to achieve timely market introductions.
- Interface with regulatory agencies and third-party certification authorities.
- Resolve product compliance issues as they arise.
- Provide input to industry associations and stay informed of new requirements.
- Maintain and support development of compliance processes and systems.
Skills, Knowledge, & Education:
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience
- Prior experience in product compliance and/or vehicle certification required
- In-depth understanding of product compliance regulations including those for electrical systems and propulsion batteries
- Ability to communicate effectively with global partners
- Motorsports enthusiast with vehicle systems knowledge
- Self-starter who can apply engineering principles to regulatory requirements
- High ethical standards and excellent research and communication skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Sheniesha joined Corps Team in 2022 as a Recruiting Consultant and has prior experience working in finance, accounting and HR. She has a degree from the University of Illinois at Springfield in Accounting and is excited to dive into learning the ropes of IT recruiting.