Public Relations Contractor
Corcoran, MN 55340 US
The Public Relations Contractor will play a crucial role in positively positioning the overall brand by driving corporate messaging, enhancing the company’s reputation and providing support to teams across the organization.
You will serve as a communications consultant, supporting a wide range of projects and working across the business with other teams and senior leaders. Responsibilities include executing and developing high-quality external communications strategies that keep the target audience engaged and informed, crafting compelling messaging and supporting media relations for corporate initiatives. You are a storyteller who possesses excellent communications skills and be a solution-oriented, tenacious, self-starter who wants to drive meaningful results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute proactive brand, community and corporate PR strategies and create compelling messaging.
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate Marketing and various business teams on collaborative announcements, events and campaigns, and for media responses related to both reactive opportunities and issues management.
- Prepare press releases, external talking points, and other press assets, along with website and owned content to support external storytelling
- Manage inbound media inquiries and media responses for corporate-related news, sponsorships and crisis or issues
- Help manage and collaborate with outside PR agencies to execute external campaigns
- Track public relations and media metrics related to external campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field (Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or Business)
- 7-10 years in Communications, and/or Public Relations-related role(s)
- Proven ability to develop effective communication plans and write with speed, accuracy, consistency, and the appropriate tone and length for the intended audience
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix environment; ability to make decisions and influence leadership
- Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with continuous change
- High level of integrity, curiosity, flexibility, initiative and creativity
- Handles sensitive information with discretion and high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Meet Your Recruiter
Heather Del Bene
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Heather joined Corps Team as a Senior Recruiting Consultant and brings 10+ years of experience in staffing and corporate recruiting environments within Technology, Healthcare, Finance, Sales and Marketing markets. Heather is passionate about building relationships and identifying top talent and is driven by connecting top performing and rising professionals with great opportunities. She enjoys collaborating with clients to identify the best candidates and provide a great recruiting experience for everyone. Heather received her Bachelor’s degree from Bloomsburg University.