Senior Marketing & Business Development Specialist - Legal
Dallas, TX 75201 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
The Sr. Specialist supports the overall marketing and BD efforts of the firm, working directly with practice leaders to implement key initiatives for their assigned practices within the Litigation Department and the practices’ attorneys. The position serves as the main point of contact for the assigned practices’ attorneys and collaborates with junior staff who assist with implementing initiatives for their assigned practices. It supports the BD Manager in Litigation with development of practice-wide and cross-practice initiatives and supervises implementation thereof, as requested. This position also serves as BD lead on Dallas office-specific BD initiatives and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Staff Development Framework: Adhere to Professional Excellence, Client Focus, and Leadership, and Professionalism standards set forth in the firm’s Staff Development Framework.
- Talent Development: Provide feedback on BD Specialist and BD Coordinator performance to BD Manager; guide BD Specialist and BD Coordinator in executing specific projects and train/mentor as necessary.
- Lateral Recruiting & Integration: Collaborate with BD Specialist on pre-arrival packet (including draft announcement, biography, collateral updates (if possible), experience list, etc.) before submitting to BD Manager. Assist BD Manager in developing and implementing integration plans.
- Service Delivery: Participate in day-to-day delivery of BD services for assigned practices; assist BD Manager in monitoring and maintaining quality assurance and responsiveness.
- Strategic Planning: Support BD Manager in developing and executing assigned practices’ strategic planning initiatives, including participating in formulation of strategy.
- Proposals/Pitch Materials: Create proposal/pitch materials for specific opportunities; prepare content for RFP responses, including drafting original content, as needed. Develop and oversee maintenance of print collateral suite and digital collateral and content (website) for assigned practices; collaborate with Marketing Communications/Brand Management team on messaging, design, and visual storytelling.
- Marketing & Operations: Oversee BD Specialist in working directly with attorneys on presentations, client briefings, blogs, newsletters, etc., focusing on finalization of content and, as to briefings and newsletters, finalization of the distribution list. Handle any issues that arise related to the production of thought leadership.
- Support development and execution of firm-produced events and related follow up.
- Support execution of conference and other sponsorships, before, during, and after the event.
- Ensure collection and maintenance of practice-specific information for the experience system and other reporting tools, including information on sales opportunities (pitch/proposal tracking), cross-selling activities, new clients and matters, and other relevant practice area data for use in marketing and BD materials.
- Audit existing experience reports for updating and identify experience that needs to be entered into experience database for assigned practices. Review experience reports developed by BD Specialist before entry.
- Support development of BD budget for assigned practices; track practice expenses compared to budget.
- Practice-wide Meetings: Provide support for scheduling, planning, and executing practice-wide meetings, as requested.
- Marketing Communications/Brand Management: Collaborating with Marketing Communications/Brand Management, support BD Manager to leverage all visibility-building activities for assigned practices.
- Special Projects: Assist the BD Manager and Director of BD, Litigation with special projects (e.g., lateral recruiting pieces, firmwide materials, biennial Partners Conference, etc.).
DALLAS OFFICE DUTIES
- Develop and execute business development projects, marketing activities, and special events/client entertainment that support the overall strategic goals of the Dallas office.
- Coordinate logistics (with help from BD Specialist) for practice-based marketing and business development events (for all practices) both on-site and off-site in Dallas, including firm- and vendor-produced events; oversee same for BD Coordinator in Houston.
- Work with Marketing Communications team and outside PR consultant to identify PR opportunities to raise the visibility of the firm in Texas. Form relationships with relevant Dallas and Houston community organizations (i.e., Texas General Counsel Forum).
- Work with Managing Director, Marketing and RDA-South, create and track Dallas and Houston marketing budgets. Provide ROI on past expenditures and recommendations on whether to continue various initiatives.
- Assist with preparation for periodic partner meetings, including providing updates on recent BD “wins” and initiatives.
- Work with Managing Director, Marketing, gather feedback from Texas partners across all practices to ensure needs are being met.
- 4-year college degree required.
- 4+ years of business development, sales, marketing, or writing experience in a financial or professional services firm environment, or experience as a practicing attorney or in another similar legal industry role.
- Experience preparing proposal (RFP) responses, pitch materials, presentations, and other related materials is a plus.
- Strong project management skills/ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience working with and/or supporting Litigation Practices, and especially Complex Commercial Litigation, Consumer Class Actions, Product Liability & Mass Torts, and Antitrust/Competition.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Experience with CRM, information systems, and database functionality/concepts is a plus.
- Experience with legal award competitions, surveys, and directory submissions is a plus.
- Experience with budgeting and ROI analysis is a plus.
- Creative, resourceful, and ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- The ability to build credibility and develop internal and external relationships by demonstrating:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (email, telephone, and in-person) as well as editing skills.
- Proactive, confident attitude and approach.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize projects with enthusiasm.
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- The ability to consistently provide a superior level of service to internal and external clients.
- Professional appearance and ability to speak comfortably in professional and social settings.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Danielle joins Corps Team as a Senior Recruiting Consultant with over 20 years of Human Resource and Recruiting experience both on the staffing side and the corporate side. Danielle has experience managing the full recruitment lifecycle and developing efficient procedures to identify high-quality candidates. She has recruited for all levels in the organization and across multiple industries including technology, software, consulting, finance, and medical technologies.
Danielle is passionate about building strong relationships with her clients and matching high-caliber candidates to their open positions. Danielle is a member of SHRM and is a certified trainer in behavioral-based interviewing. She holds a Bachelor's degree from William Paterson University in Elementary Education and a Master’s degree from Fordham University in Human Resources Education.