Software QA Engineer
Plymouth, MN 55442 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Looking for a Software QA Engineer to build high quality products on the Ride Command team. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a contributor on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. This is a unique position to contribute to the team as both a QA Engineer and a Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Engineer. As a HIL Engineer, you will assist the test automation engineer to develop, deploy, and maintain uniquely designed HIL systems for the QA team. As a QA Engineer, you will have the opportunity to directly impact cellular connectivity, infotainment, and cloud development projects. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity through analysis, automated testing, and performance testing of Ride Command products. Interest in powersports is a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the GEECS V&Q Test Automation Lead to develop future QA HIL test systems
- Maintains and updates QA HIL test systems to support team needs and to stay aligned with the rest of validation team’s test systems.
- Contribute to software quality initiatives by developing robust test cases that exercise full system functionality and align with program requirements.
- Organize testing efforts to align with product delivery timelines.
- Flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience.
- Analyze system performance for bottlenecks.
- Be an active participant in enhancing a mature agile environment.
- Thoroughly document issues found, assign proper severity, and drive resolution.
- Responsible for executing both manual and automated test scripts to verify Infotainment component functional and performance requirements.
- Configure benches to support specific test scenarios.
- Should be comfortable with testing software on stationary vehicles.
- Should be comfortable with moving vehicles around.
- Should be comfortable to ride vehicles to do performance evaluation.
- Must be able to multitask and change gears between platforms.
- Characterize and document defects including identifying steps to reproduce, linking failures to requirements, and collecting all associated test logs.
- Develop and Update test cases as required.
- Interact with multiple engineering disciplines (Systems Engineering, Software Development, Validation, Suppliers) to support defect resolution.
- B.S. in Engineering (prefer Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering)
- 0-5 years’ experience, preferably in an embedded software or HMI validation role
- Experience with vehicle communications protocols, CAN/J1939/UDS preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with real-time test systems highly desired (e.g., dSPACE, Vector, NI, ETAS, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot test and electrical systems using scopes and multimeters.
- Experience developing applications or using test frameworks within an object-oriented programming language, Python preferred.
- Experience using a software version control system, Git preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail preferred.
- Proven experience testing complex, integrated systems with a cloud connectivity component
- Experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools and protocol analyzers
- Exposure to any CAN tools
- Testing experience on automotive infotainment or embedded systems
- Mobile application testing
- Bluetooth Classic connectivity testing
- User Interface (UI) testing experience
- UAT (User Acceptance Testing) experience
- Experience with designing and building wire harnesses.
- Experience with any of the following a bonus: Eggplant, Vector CANoe, ASAM XIL, MATLAB/Simulink, FMI
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Gena has joined Corps Team with eight years of recruiting experience in several industries such as Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, IT, Human Resources. She also has experience in start-up and corporate environments with consultative full life cycle recruitment background, administrative support and HR background. She is skilled at building relationships with employees across all levels of an organization, multitasking and adapting to meet any changing organizational needs. Gena has a Bachelors degree in Journalism and a minor in Speech Communications.