Software QA Engineer
Plymouth, MN 55442 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Looking for a Software QA Engineer to build high quality products on the Ride Command team. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a contributor on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. This is a unique position to contribute to the team as both a QA Engineer and a Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Engineer. As a HIL Engineer, you will assist the test automation engineer to develop, deploy, and maintain uniquely designed HIL systems for the QA team. As a QA Engineer, you will have the opportunity to directly impact cellular connectivity, infotainment, and cloud development projects. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity through analysis, automated testing, and performance testing of Ride Command products. Interest in powersports is a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the GEECS V&Q Test Automation Lead to develop future QA HIL test systems
- Maintains and updates QA HIL test systems to support team needs and to stay aligned with the rest of validation team’s test systems.
- Contribute to software quality initiatives by developing robust test cases that exercise full system functionality and align with program requirements.
- Organize testing efforts to align with product delivery timelines.
- Flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market.
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience.
- Analyze system performance for bottlenecks.
- Be an active participant in enhancing a mature agile environment.
- Thoroughly document issues found, assign proper severity, and drive resolution.
- Responsible for executing both manual and automated test scripts to verify Infotainment component functional and performance requirements.
- Configure benches to support specific test scenarios.
- Should be comfortable with testing software on stationary vehicles.
- Should be comfortable with moving vehicles around.
- Should be comfortable to ride vehicles to do performance evaluation.
- Must be able to multitask and change gears between platforms.
- Characterize and document defects including identifying steps to reproduce, linking failures to requirements, and collecting all associated test logs.
- Develop and Update test cases as required.
- Interact with multiple engineering disciplines (Systems Engineering, Software Development, Validation, Suppliers) to support defect resolution.
- B.S. in Engineering (prefer Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering)
- 0-5 years’ experience, preferably in an embedded software or HMI validation role
- Experience with vehicle communications protocols, CAN/J1939/UDS preferred.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with real-time test systems highly desired (e.g., dSPACE, Vector, NI, ETAS, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot test and electrical systems using scopes and multimeters.
- Experience developing applications or using test frameworks within an object-oriented programming language, Python preferred.
- Experience using a software version control system, Git preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins preferred.
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail preferred.
- Proven experience testing complex, integrated systems with a cloud connectivity component
- Experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools and protocol analyzers
- Exposure to any CAN tools
- Testing experience on automotive infotainment or embedded systems
- Mobile application testing
- Bluetooth Classic connectivity testing
- User Interface (UI) testing experience
- UAT (User Acceptance Testing) experience
- Experience with designing and building wire harnesses.
- Experience with any of the following a bonus: Eggplant, Vector CANoe, ASAM XIL, MATLAB/Simulink, FMI
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Melissa has 9 years of technical recruiting experience within IT, Engineering, and Professional Service industries. She thoroughly enjoys connecting and helping candidates & clients in finding the right fit. Melissa has a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in psychology from Southern Illinois University.