Alpharetta, GA 30005 US
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant provides reliable, timely and accurate financial data compilation by reviewing, analyzing and reconciling all accounts and performing efficient, accurate month-end close. Your efforts help provide accurate financial reporting and analysis and directly influence the performance as a company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all financial information is recorded in accordance with GAAP, SOX controls and State and Federal regulations and consistent with established Company policy and procedures.
- Complete months end close processes to ensure journal entries are recorded timely and accurately. Prepare complex journal entries. Review and post journal entries prepared by staff accountant.
- Perform and review financial statement variance analysis; ensure meaningful and accurate explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions.
- Complete complex monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and resolved reconciliation items in a timely manner. Review reconciliations prepared by staff accountant.
- Research accounting treatment for non-standard transactions and explain any issues or propose alternative solutions.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and reporting.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales operations, account management, development, product, professional services, finance and legal.
- Support the quarterly and annual audit requests.
- Drive process improvements and optimize efficiencies in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination, or streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks.
- Provide training to new and existing team members on applicable policies, protocols, systems, and procedures.
- Perform Ad-hoc requests and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years’ experience in accounting in a combination of staff and senior accountant position, including month end close and account reconciliations.
- Strong critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work with different applications; experience with Oracle Financials a plus
- Highly proficient in advanced MS Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive, detailed and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage deadlines and customer satisfaction
Meet Your Recruiter
Caren joined Corps Team in 2021. Caren has over 20 years’ experience in advertising, public relations and customer care.
A graduate of the University of Georgia, Caren is a loyal Bulldogs fan and enjoys attending games with her husband Reece and two children, Jackson 20 and Dylan 17. She is dedicated to finding the right person for the position and is thrilled when she finds the ‘perfect fit’ for her clients. She is excited to be connecting amazing candidates with amazing companies.