Atlanta, GA 30309 US
This position works with the Assistant Controller and assists in responding to information requests by management and for auditing purposes. The responsibility for this position is for accounting operations with a focus on supporting partners. The focus includes maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, managing monthly and yearly closing processes, leading new vendor setup and management, and managing cash accounts. To be successful as a staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly and yearly closing processes.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations including reconciling bank statements.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, credit card receivables, payroll, and other financial accounts.
- Handle all day-to-day treasury/banking related activities and transactions.
- Produce and manage cash account cleanup.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Assist with vendor setup and management.
- Collaborate with organization divisions in maintaining financial data.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates with equivalent years of experience or Bachelors in finance or accounting.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience.
- Experience working with cash accounts and reconciliations.
- Advanced proficiency in excel, Workday a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to listen to, comprehend, and execute tasks in a timely and effective way.
- Professionally curious individual eager to solve problems and grow skillset.
- Able to work independently or in a team-setting with a high level of attention to detail, analytical skills, sense of urgency, and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Base Salary $63,000-$65,000. Final determination of salary will be based on an evaluation of experience, education, budget, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Danielle joins Corps Team as a Senior Recruiting Consultant with over 20 years of Human Resource and Recruiting experience both on the staffing side and the corporate side. Danielle has experience managing the full recruitment lifecycle and developing efficient procedures to identify high-quality candidates. She has recruited for all levels in the organization and across multiple industries including technology, software, consulting, finance, and medical technologies.
Danielle is passionate about building strong relationships with her clients and matching high-caliber candidates to their open positions. Danielle is a member of SHRM and is a certified trainer in behavioral-based interviewing. She holds a Bachelor's degree from William Paterson University in Elementary Education and a Master’s degree from Fordham University in Human Resources Education.