Atlanta, GA 30318 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client is seeking a highly skilled Support Engineer with the drive and determination to help support the growing client base. They are seeking a problem-solver with a proven track record of working within a team to successfully address challenging IT issues. This position will include identifying customer issues and utilizing a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established SLAs. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective use of available resources, and a desire to deliver great customer service. Candidates must be energetic and motivated to learn new technologies and services.
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support customer’s software, systems, networks, cloud, security and SaaS services.
- Collaborate with NOC and support staff, engineering, field technicians, and external vendors to resolve service issues.
- Act as an externally facing point of contact with customers and vendors during issue resolution.
- Act as an internally facing point of contact to escalate issues and communicate resolution status.
- Document core processes and looking for improvements in cost and speed of delivery.
- Provide input into software development team for improvements to VIA software.
- Oversee and execute planned maintenance work, minimizing impact to services.
- Prepare and present service monitoring reports to management.
- Participate in ongoing manufacturer and certification training.
- At least 2 years of experience in technical/engineering support in IT
- Technical proficiency in end-user computer systems in an enterprise environment
- Technical knowledge of networking and troubleshooting network environments
- Operational knowledge of enterprise software, services and technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with users and vendors
- Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Outgoing, organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
- Over 4 years of experience in technical/engineering support in IT
- Microsoft Certified Professional status
- Technical support experience with Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Experience with HP, Cisco, VMware and Citrix technologies a plus
- Technical experience with server hardware and OS (Linux, Windows), security and networking
- Technical experience with virtual server technologies (VMware/Hyper-V/Citrix)
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in EE/CS/CE. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience
Base Salary $60,000-$90,000. Final determination of salary will be based on an evaluation of experience, education, budget, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Melissa has 9 years of technical recruiting experience within IT, Engineering, and Professional Service industries. She thoroughly enjoys connecting and helping candidates & clients in finding the right fit. Melissa has a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in psychology from Southern Illinois University.