Atlanta, GA 30326 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Only considering candidates located within a reasonable commute to Atlanta, GA, Chattanooga, TN or Jacksonville, FL.
The Tax Associate will be given a wide variety accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance reviews are based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and time management skills. The length of time a Tax Associate will spend at this level will vary depending on his/her individual development.
What You Will Be Doing
- Reviews returns prepared by staff.
- Performs supervised technical research in situations requiring judgment and formulation of alternative courses of action.
- Prepares the more complex corporate, partnership, S-corp, and individual returns, as well as other returns requested.
- Prepares trust returns, as well as, amended returns
- Responds to and assists the tax staff in responding to tax notices. Reviews letters drafted by the tax staff verifying technical accuracy – with supervision.
- Initiates and reviews S-elections and requests for accounting changes as required.
- Reviews tax working papers as may be required.
- Acts as a resource for tax and accounting staff regarding tax questions they may have.
- Becomes the key client contact for engagements to develop and practice entrepreneurial skills.
- Increases the frequency and scope of client relationships through business and social meetings with supervisory and junior management personnel.
- Learns about the firm’s service capabilities so they can be offered to clients in appropriate circumstances.
- Cultivates initiative and creativity by taking charge of assignments, ascertaining what needs to be done, and doing it imaginatively and well.
- Builds productive relationships with managers, senior managers, and partners by keeping them informed about work progress, and by adapting to various management styles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related subject
- CPA successfully achieved or in progress
- A minimum of 3 years in public accounting taxation
- Experience working with clients in similar industries including manufacturing, professional services, real estate, NFP, and HNWI
Meet Your Recruiter
Lead Senior Recruiter
Lynn, a Certified Diversity & Inclusion Recruiter, joined Corps Team in March of 2011. She earned her bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Philosophy from Northern Kentucky University. Lynn has over 17 years of Recruiting and HR experience, and finds great fulfillment in partnering with hiring managers to help them find the best candidate for their hiring needs. Partnering with employers in a wide range of industries, Lynn’s recruiting expertise includes human resources and total rewards, accounting and finance, marketing, business development, customer support, and administrative roles. However, she has also successfully met business needs by managing recruitment processes outside of her wheelhouse, facing these challenges with excitement and determination.