Technical Customer Service Representative
Morton Grove, IL 60053 US
The Technical Customer Service Representative will be responsible liaising with customers, editing and managing customer orders, coordinating inquiries with internal departments, as well as providing general assistance to the Customer Service Supervisor and Manager.
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible and verifies product construction.
- Refers special product orders to proper department for pricing and special construction details.
- Edits customer orders and assigns codes for statistical tabulation and commodity identification.
- Defines method of shipment, tag information and product pricing.
- Performs on-line entry of customer orders for standard product in LN OE system.
- Enters orders via LN, eLogia and ESP-REP for Domestic and all other BTO and engineered-to-order product.
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery issues and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability. Interfaces with necessary departments to effect solutions.
- Maintains on-line customer information and customer order database including addresses, ship dates, product, quantity, price, routing, tagging, order additions and cancellations.
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries regarding availability of delinquent BTO product and requests to expedite product.
- Evaluates stock product availability by analyzing customer backlog status with respect to acknowledged shipping schedules, commodity in stock and stock out positions.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience in a technical product line, B2B preferred
- Two (2) years of college or technical schooling or five (5) years’ experience in a technical position.
- Demonstrated customer advocacy skills Technical aptitude & solid math skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment welcoming change and growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with CRM system (Siebel, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics) a plus Proficiency in second language a plus
- A strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining professionalism is required
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Effective verbal/written communication skills. Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Melissa has 9 years of technical recruiting experience within IT, Engineering, and Professional Service industries. She thoroughly enjoys connecting and helping candidates & clients in finding the right fit. Melissa has a bachelor’s degree in social work with a minor in psychology from Southern Illinois University.