Sandy Springs, GA 30328 US
The Telecommunications Technician will be expected to help enhance the department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Establishing voice and data networks by punch downs, pulling, terminating cables.
- Maintaining customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
- Documentation of networks by labeling and routing equipment and cables, recording configuration diagrams
- Verifying service by daily morning routine by checking and testing circuits, equipment, servers.
- Move, add and changes via the Nortel switch.
- Move add, and changes via the Siemens switch.
- Maintaining network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock of phones, cords, cables and other telecom peripherals.
- Knowledge of Contact Center Management – (IE: building and managing Agents and phone sets, ACD, programming new scripting and knowledge of Historical and Real Time Reports).
- Knowledge of Call Pilot, Application Builder, Telephony Manager, and VoIP.
- Familiarity with commands in the Nortel and Siemens Switch (PBX).
- Basic knowledge of Video Conferencing equipment
- Configure, maintain, and support the organization's telephony systems and infrastructure.
- Monitor PBX and all auxiliary systems to ensure availability to all system users. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Receive trouble reports from internal end user customers concerning telephony.
- Perform proper Trouble Ticket Entry and Administration.
- Adhere to escalation procedures and resolution processes.
- Interact with corporate employees to resolve service affecting issues
- Monitor and maintain the Corporate voice network infrastructure as directed by the Telecom Manager
- Perform internal wiring maintenance. (66 blocks, 110 blocks, CAT 5 & 6)
- Escalate troubles to vendors/service providers when appropriate
- Assist Help Desk with resolving routine trouble tickets
- Occasional after-hours/weekend maintenance required
- Provide feedback to Customers concerning service issues
- Coordinate ordering and installation activities for the Corporate Voice Network and services in all markets.
- Manage and control equipment and circuit inventories for corporate office.
- Provide Management Reports relating to Corporate Voice Network Performance, Corporate Voice Network Reliability, Trouble Volumes, Failure Post Mortems and Costs Analysis.
- Perform configuration backups and disaster recovery operations
- Train end-users in use of client technologies
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires an associate degree in a related major and\or a minimum of 3 years of work-related skill, knowledge or experience in the field or in a related area while having remained technically current.
- Ability to read, analyze and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to effectively present detailed information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables, systems and departments.
- Ability to derive possible solutions to problems based on the provided information, and to properly present those solutions.
- Experience with handling ILEC interactions
- Experience working in a large Customer Operations Center environment
- Experience in integrated voice networks with Avaya Core Integration products. Nortel M1 products i.e. Callpilot, Contact Center Manager Server and Contact Center Manager Application, Telephony Manager and CS1000S or E.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of Avaya Core equipment.
- Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of corporate PBX’s.
- Understanding of voice networking concepts
- Experience with T-1’s, M66 & 110 Blocks
- In depth knowledge of DS0, DS1, and DS3 transport to include operation of test equipment.
- Knowledge of telephony technologies such as PRI, DTI, FXS, FXO. SIP,H323
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Gena has joined Corps Team with eight years of recruiting experience in several industries such as Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, IT, Human Resources. She also has experience in start-up and corporate environments with consultative full life cycle recruitment background, administrative support and HR background. She is skilled at building relationships with employees across all levels of an organization, multitasking and adapting to meet any changing organizational needs. Gena has a Bachelors degree in Journalism and a minor in Speech Communications.