Trade Operations Specialist
Louisville, KY 40202 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Our client, a leading independent investment management firm, is seeking an experienced Portfolio Administrator for a 12+ month contract role located in Louisville, KY; Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX or New York, NY. This role will be hybrid. Vaccination against Covid-19 is required for this position.
Under general supervision the Portfolio Administrator II must possess a solid understanding of equity and debt instruments. This individual will develop a level of knowledge within the team enabling them to form partnerships with all key business areas and functions, in particular the trading teams. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that trade executions are confirmed and settled to meet custodian and market deadlines and accurately reflected into downstream systems. Within the role the incumbent will be expected to actively liaise with broker counterparties and investment teams. Involve themselves in the continual development of processes and implementation of new funds and products covered by the desk.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Support the post execution trade confirmation and settlement processes associated with equity and debt instrument types.
- Investigate, analysis and resolution of any post confirmation and settlement trade issues.
- Liaise with internal and external Business partners daily.
- Monitor trade flows identifying any breaks in the execution/confirmation process, with timely investigation, analysis, and resolution recommendations.
- Manually process trade executions that fall outside of the automated processes trade instructions.
- Respond to email / telephone enquiries; taking full ownership to ensure that all enquiries are actioned on day of receipt (resolution or acknowledgement).
- Daily investigation and resolution of reconciliation exceptions raised by Hyderabad reconciliations team.
- Actively seek Continuous Improvements opportunities which are measurable and effective.
- Maintains and updates procedures base upon agreement with Senior or Supervisor.
- Assist in any system testing as required.
- Assist other Operations and GPS teams.
- Serve as a mentor to tier I Analysts and support and cover to Senior Analyst
- First line checking and sign off start and end of day task.
- Collation of team MIS, on a daily weekly, and monthly basis.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the securities / investment industry within the trade support area is desirable
- A general understanding of the financial markets.
- Sound knowledge of equity and debt instruments.
- Ability to analyze data making sound judgments and proposed resolution steps in respect of any issues arising.
- Self-motivation to further enhance skills and financial and product knowledge.
- A Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related field is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Good interpersonal skills necessary to maintain relationships and interact effectively with individuals at all levels across business functions.
- Ability to analyze and solve issues in a timely manner.
- Good awareness of technology applications and software, to support growing trading complexity and automation efficiencies.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
Meet Your Recruiter
Caren joined Corps Team in 2021. Caren has over 20 years’ experience in advertising, public relations and customer care.
A graduate of the University of Georgia, Caren is a loyal Bulldogs fan and enjoys attending games with her husband Reece and two children, Jackson 20 and Dylan 17. She is dedicated to finding the right person for the position and is thrilled when she finds the ‘perfect fit’ for her clients. She is excited to be connecting amazing candidates with amazing companies.