Wilmington, DE 19807 US
Our client, a capital management firm, is seeking a Trust Officer for a fantastic direct hire opportunity in Wilmington, DE.
The Trust Officer specializes in the management and administration of trusts for high and ultra- high net worth individuals and families for assigned relationships. This individual participates in the collaborative and team-centric approach to client servicing by interfacing with client advisors, private wealth advisors, investment advisors, trust clients, trust beneficiaries and other interested parties and advisors.
- Manages trust and estate client relationships.
- Manages the assets and income of trusts in accordance with trust and estate planning objectives.
- Review discretionary requests and interpret the trust document terms for appropriateness of the request.
- Perform initial and annual reviews of all assigned accounts and update account information as appropriate.
- Research, as necessary, and respond to management, compliance, audit, and bank examiner inquiries, as requested.
- Work closely with investment personnel, both internal and external, to support trust requirements, assist with establishing the appropriate asset allocation and to monitor investment goals.
- Responsible for applying the provision of trusts consistent with the documents, applicable statutes, and regulations as well as meeting KYC, AML, and other regulatory compliance standards.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, Client Advisors, Private Wealth Advisors, investment managers and all organizational levels on all trust matters and attend client meetings when requested.
- Mitigate risks and assign trust relationships.
- Management and oversight of Assistant Trust Officers.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Master all systems related to trust account administration to ensure the proper flow of opening and trust business management.
- Maintain a presence in the local trust and estate professional community.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned to this position.
- Bachelor's Degree,
- 5+ years of experience in the fiduciary or trust field in a client facing role.
- Experience with trust administration for high net worth or ultra-high net worth individuals preferred.
- JD or CTFA a plus
- In depth product knowledge of fiduciary concepts and legal policies, and tax and investment issues related to trust administration.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to proactively approach client relationships and manage colleagues to provide positive, solution-based outcomes for clients.
Meet Your Recruiter
Caren joined Corps Team in 2021. Caren has over 20 years’ experience in advertising, public relations and customer care.
A graduate of the University of Georgia, Caren is a loyal Bulldogs fan and enjoys attending games with her husband Reece and two children, Jackson 20 and Dylan 17. She is dedicated to finding the right person for the position and is thrilled when she finds the ‘perfect fit’ for her clients. She is excited to be connecting amazing candidates with amazing companies.